This past year has been one of the worst for sickness, death and sadness. I think everyone is happy to see 2016 coming to an end. And praying 2017 is a million times better!
I’d like to write out my 2017 goals for the year now; something I’ve heard many writing Vloggers discuss on their YouTube channels. I realize that at the beginning of 2016, I said this would be the year I was published. That simple declaration has held me accountable. Now I didn’t REACH that goal YET. But just listing it on my blog had that little nagging voice in the back of my head pushing me this year. I think that if I write out a list of things I’d like to get done in 2017 with regards to writing, that it may help me STICK to that list. Even if I don’t reach all my goals, I’d be pretty disappointed in myself come Dec 2017 when I follow up to say…I didn’t reach a single one. So let’s see what I can accomplish in the upcoming year!
- Current manuscript FINALIZED and …either sent to a publisher or self-published. I have not decided yet how I want to go about doing this. But the novel I have in my hands right now needs to be finished in one form or fashion in 2017. This is by far my #1 goal for 2017.
- If self-publishing, I’ll need to research CreateSpace far more than I have.
- Create a beautiful cover and all that goes with it.
- Work on advertising/marketing.
- I’d like to post at least 10-20 posts on this blog throughout the year. I definitely put this on the backburner, which isn’t a bad thing if I’m writing. But if I want a nice following before the novel is out, I need to actively reach out to all of you fine folks!
- Start a Vlog on YouTube….this is up in the air. I’ve started a channel, but do not have anything posted yet. I’m going back and forth on this. We’ll see how I feel next year.
- Re-create my author website. I love playing with my various websites, but I get caught up in it and do not write. I need to remind myself WRITING and finalizing my novel comes first, THEN I can have fun updating my site so it matches the new novel 🙂 I do, however, already have an active FaceBook page! Come check it out!
I think this is a good start. These are simply my WRITING goals, not my life goals. With the twins starting school this year, writing is probably the only constant in my life right now.
Good luck to all in 2017!! Let’s reach our goals together!